What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Recipe: Pasta Carbonara



You need:
-Pasta (like Linguine)
-Olive Oil
-Onion
-Proscuitto (or Bacon or Pancetta)
-1 Egg
-Cheese
-Basil

This is another easy-peasy recipe I whip up. In a pan sautee up some onion and your meat. I prefer proscuitto, but pancetta is more legit, bacon will work in a squeeze. I pour in a bit more oil, since this forms part of the sauce. I also slice up an anchovie in there, because I like that taste.

When the pasta is cooked and drained I pour the onion/proscuitto/oil mixture over the pasta and crack the egg on to it. Then mix up the egg, break up the yolk and toss it all up. The heat from the pasta cooks the egg (I think) and it forms a creamy sauce along with the oil.

I put in some dried flaked basil and cheese. The basil is my touch. The cheese is usually parmesan but I like shreded mozzarella on it too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home