What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Monday, March 13, 2006

Things That I Have Georged: Endives

I like to checkout different greens. Most of the less-common greens (like kale, escarole, endive) are chewier (some peeps might say tougher) and more bitter than the more common stuff (iceberg lettuce, spinach).


I picked up these endives for $1.99/lb. and georged them up with just some olive oil and salt. They are kinda smoky and crispy and a little bit bitter. I nice satisfying crunch.

Today was one of those days. I got home from pushin' pedals at 10:00, and was all set to grab a daily special or a chicken burger at Mayday Malone's. IT's nice to have that convenience around the corner, but inevitably with a coupla beers and the meal all said and done would be about $18, so it adds up.

So instead I whipped this up. I sauteed some onion in olive oil and threw in a sliced chicken breast. I little bit of tomato sauce and some basil and it was ready to go on some pasta. If I have some anchovies or artichokes or olives I might throw that stuff in too, but today I kept it simple. Pretty cheap, pretty easy -- if you're not total lazy-ass fuck.



...with the endives on the side.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home