What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Back Alley BBQ

After missing out on some great BBQ while I was in Rochester I still had a need for some ribs, but sadly there is no place in Toronto (that I know of) that compares to US BBQ joints.

But I was in Kensington during (one of the car-free) pedestrian Sundays and hit up Back Alley BBQ on Augusta for some BBQ and beer.

For $10.99 I got the half chicken and rib combo.



Being an asian run place it has an inevitable asian touch. The chicken and ribs were super tasty, but white rice and asian style vegetables were a weird choice for sides and the home fries in gravy were passable.

The rice with the asian sauce was not bad but some cornbread or mash would've been the ticket....and of course portions were not American-sized.

I would add this to the rotation if it cost about $4 less.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home