What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Friday, June 01, 2007

Roll Your Own Adventure

I caught a ground beef sale and decided that it was too hard to pass up and take (another) shot at rolling my burgers. Despite what I've heard peeps say about homemade burgers mine have been hit or miss. Sometimes tasting to "beefy" and kinda bland.

But armed with All Purpose Soul Seasoning I had to take another shot.

Here are the patties rolled up. Each one is a good softball-sized fistful of beef.



Ingredients :
Salt
Pepper
All Purpose Soul Seasoning
1 egg
breadcrumbs (3 tablespoons I'd say)


I used a bit of binder (egg and breadcrumbs) but didn't overdo it.

Here are the babies on the grill :



They held together fine and I figure I cooked them about 8-10 mins per side med./high heat. I drizzled a bit of soy sauce on them while they grilled. Lookin' good ...



They were cooked through, a bit of a crust outside but still really juicy :



Taste : Awesome ! The one lesson I've learned is ....

The KEY to a good burger is SEASONING.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home