What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Monday, April 23, 2007

Sunday Brisket

I'm loving the Korean grocery lately and picked up a brisket ($4.00). The hardest part about making somethig like brsiket is the planning. It takes maybe four hours so you can't just decide you want brisket and whip it up, like a steak or some pasta.

I set it all up in the pan on Sat. night, with potatoes. Spices: Chopped garlic, crushed red peppers, salt and a good dose of All-purpose Soul Seasoning (which I really am finding lives up to the "all-purpose" billing).



For braising sauce I went with soy sauce, olive oil, oyster sauce and a bit of water. On Sunday I came home from my ride and stuck it in the over. Four hours at 300 degrees C. Slooow Cookin'. Here's the "after shot".



It came out nice and spicy and it all came apart in strands like it's supposed to. Here's it is plated, unfortunatley the pic came out blurry.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home