What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Maultasche and Schweineshaxe

Gasthaus Loewen is some pretty good German eats....

I had the Maultasche, which is kinda like a Swabian ravioli case, filled with onions, egg and ground pork inside. Of course there's alot of sauce, which is the way German food is supposed to be eaten. I liked it quite a bit, and for 7,50 Euros, I think its rather reasonable.




Betty had some pork hox, or Schweineshaxe, which is actually a Bavarian specialty. It was a bit too dry, if you want good Schweineshaxe, I recommend the open air market in Munich. Its much juicier, and I'll post photos of that next time. This Schweineshaxe cost 7 Euros, but wasn't as good as expected.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Amit said…

    How does the hox compare to the one at Musket (http://www.restaurantica.com/restaurants/7275/) ?

    I still have to check that place out.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home