What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Friday, January 19, 2007

Coffee Maker Noodles

I generally disdain "starving student" type foods, because generally I think if you're smart, creative and not lazy you can eat well without spending a lot of money.

But I saw this on Salon's Ask the Pilot : coffee maker ramen.

The cellophane brick variety is preferable to the kind in Styrofoam cups because it's easier to pack and impervious to damage.



Directions:
1) Rinse out the filter basket assembly of your hotel room coffee maker;
2) crush noodle brick into the carafe;
3) partially fill coffee maker with water, and switch on;
4) once carafe is full, wait three minutes;
5) drain carefully, add flavor packet, turn on Comedy Central and enjoy.


I decided to give this a shot. I dunno what I expected. It tasted the same as ramen noodles do. The main point is to let the noodles soak in the warm water until they swell up.



This ain't rocket science - but the idea to cook food in a coffee maker is a good one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home