What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Things I have Georged: Flank Steak


I picked up a flank steak from Nosso Talho and decided to grill it up to make some steak sandwiches. I sed some pada buns (pictured left), which is apparently a Toronto thing.

The steak itself was an 8"x8" sheet and I cut it into 4"x2" strips with shears.

The marinande was pretty simple:
  • salt
  • pepper
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • Thai crushed chilies



Meat likes salt. Especially if you're going to grill it. It forms a smoky, salty exterior. So I use lots. A steak unseasoned or underseasoned is gross.



Here it is on a Pada bun with some Chipotle sauce.



I had a pic of the steak sliced open, but it didn't come out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home