What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend Roasts

First up some chicken thighs. I coated these on hot sauce, barbecue sauce and maple syrup and roasted for 45 mins at 400 degrees in the toaster oven.



I think the oven was too hot, the skin burned and got too dry, but the meat was still nice and moist. But I liked the hot and sweet taste. So I picked up a pork butt the next day -- I figured that would be the best way to put that maple syrup to use.

I rubbed some Italian spices and thai crushed pepper on to it, along with the maple syrup and roasted it at 325 degrees for 90 minutes. It was super tender and the sauce was spicy and sweet and perfectly complemented the pork.

It was pretty damn good, and the pork came apart really easily. It would make really good sandwiches, but I just ate half of the roast on it's own.



This is a pretty pasty dish that's easy to roast up, but you have to be careful not to roast it too hot (burnt!) or to long (dry!). After a day in the fridge it fired up, and sliced up it was not bad -- but didn't taste nearly as decadent as it did straight out of the oven.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home