What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Phil's BBQ and Linux Caffe


I was in the mood for a brisket sandwich so I headed to Phil's Original BBQ on college. There aren't too many real BBQ places in tha T-dot. It was busy with a midsummer College St. crowd, but I got my brisket sandwich pretty fast. The sandwich itself is smallish and it comes with a side (one of slaw/fries/potato salad). I got mine with a little cuplet of potato salad. $6.75. The style might be authentic American, but the portions are not. It was all very tasty and satisfying, but it won't be enough food if you're starvin'.

So so deal, but there's no real competition I know of in Toronto. It's not a super value, but I will probably splurge on a Phil's sandwich every now and then.

On the way home I stopped at the Linux Caffe. It's a small corner cafe with a slightly condescending hippie vibe. And I'm sure if you're not careful you'll be treated to a lecture about open source or some other nerdy obsession.

I paid 1.50 for a sorta small cup of coffee. It's a free hotspot and they have computers for $3.00/30 mins. They have free code if you give a shit abot that sort of thing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    I've heard of some place called the Purple Pig which has ribs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home