What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Recipe: Roasted Garlic

The first time I tried roasted garlic was at Kilgour's on Bloor st. Normally I don't like too much garlic, but what blew me away was how much milder the taste became and how soft and speadable it was.

I decided to gie it a go at home, I know there are specially designed garlic roasters, but all I did was :

1) remove the outer peel of the garlic
2) wrap it in foil
3) roast it in the oven (or toaster oven) at 400 deg for about 40 mins.

You can easily do this if you're roasting or baking something already.

If you're wondering if it's done, you can just feel the garlic to see if it's squishy. You can slice off the top of the garlic and just serve it that way. The cloves pop right out. I remove the cloves and put it on a bit of melted butter, then I spread those soft buttery cloves on toasted (or grilled bread).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home