What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Matzo ball soup

Made my second favourite soup tonight: Matzo Ball. The all time fav is #15 from Montri's Thai in Vancouver, but it'll probably be a while before I can reproduce that at home. I tend to like simple soups with not much more than broth and a main ingredient - Matzo is definitely that. Also very easy to make.

Basically it's just the dry matzo mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. You can add whatever else you like, for me I usually hit it with a little finely chopped parsley. The Matzo definitely has a unique flavour, a little hard to describe. Anyway, for the base I just add a cube of the Maggi gallina which comes to us by the boxload from Ecuador by way of a series of Maggi mules known as Las Guevaras.


If you're looking for a taste explosion, Matzo Ball might not be for you, but if like a simple, tasty soup this could become a quick favourite. Let's see what Leif Koop thinks of it ...

It's a hit!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tim said…

    Damn you, Ian! Now I need to go to Vancouver for some Montri's.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home