What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kensington Empanadas

The plan was to go to Kensington for some pupusas and fried plantains. However, we bumped into this new place across the street. I'm not sure if this has been around for a while or not, but the empanadas (basically pastries filled with stuff) are new.


They had about 30 varieties of empanadas, ranging from curry beef to spinach to 8 different varieties of chorizo, all for $2.50. Amit had the beef, Ian had a spinach+ricotta, and I had a chorizo+various veggies and cheese. It was alright, pretty tasty but didn't blow my mind by any means. Also, at $2.50 per, it's not dirt cheap. Ian tells me that the $1.25 empanadas at Bloor/Bathurst are better. I'll have to check those out some time. Anyway, I'd say that these are on the list for an occasional snack.


By the way, this place seems to be a source for assbikes as well. They're probably in cahoots with the Bike Troll next door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home