What are we doing for lunch today?

"Come on guys, it's Friday. Let's go to Upstairs" - T. Koop

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Coleslaw

Time to get back on the crispy beef train!

I decided to make some coleslaw since I still had half a head of cabbage left from the borscht. This is more of a sour coleslaw than a creamy slaw. Started by shredding the cabbage
I want to say that I julienned this Granny Smith apple, but actually I just chopped it.
I made a dressing with (left to right) about two tablespoons of sugar, two tablespoons of mayo, about three tablespoons of Dijon, two tablespoons of Sherry vinegar, and about half a cup of olive oil.
I tossed the cabbage and apple in the dressing and added some black pepper, cayenne pepper, and parsley.
Pretty tasty with some Popeye's chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home